Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. The S3 Console is often the first touchpoint for many of our customers, providing the ability to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. Beyond just a frontend for S3 features, the console is a product on its own that drives overall S3 adoption and customer satisfaction. Our console helps customers understand 'what' they have, 'how' their storage is being used, and the 'actions' they can take based on their use cases. Our team is a mix of full stack engineers, frontend engineers, and quality assurance engineers working closely with UX and Product Management to solve challenging problems on behalf of S3 customers. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds spanning different personas, differing levels of experience, different countries, and different expectations on how they would like to interact with AWS S3. As member of the S3 Console, you get to deliver delightful customer experiences for millions of users.
The S3 Console team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of highly skilled software engineers to deliver our reimagined console experience. You will utilize your experience managing a team of software developers to deliver projects on schedule with the highest industry quality and a high degree of innovation. You must be detail oriented and hands-on with a desire to stay close to the technology. At the same time you must have a strong business acumen and judgment and be deeply customer-centric. You will be leading a team using agile practices and must be able to mentor and motivate the team to deliver superior results. You will instill best practices for software development, testing, and documentation and implement process improvements for both your own and other teams. You will work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for desired user experiences across a broad range of products.
Work-life Balance Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 5+ software engineers
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development
• Experience building scalable with service oriented architectures
• Demonstrated experience in Java and/or client-side technologies such as React JS and be familiar with software development under UNIX/LinuxPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming