Come challenge yourself and learn from the best. Work with a world class team building market leading services of unprecedented scale.
The Amazon Consumer Payments organization is hiring an experienced software development manager with a passion for building scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated Engineering Leader to innovate and solve the challenges at a massive scale. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge systems. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has broad business impact. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the FinTech innovation. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with software developers and managers to architect and develop the best technical designs, architectures and implementations.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
• Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team's applications and services.
• Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Hire, mentor, develop and maintain a best-of-class software development teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams, strong collaborator
• 5+ years of experience working with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• Exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Managing a team of 10+ engineers
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Graduate degree a plus
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming