At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Indirect Tax group offers a full range of planning and compliance advice with respect to GST/HST, QST provincial sales taxes (PST), property transfer taxes, excise taxes, fuel and carbon taxes, and other indirect taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any tax planning and refund opportunities. We also assist our clients in the context of indirect tax audits and appeals.
In this role you will work closely with KPMG professionals and clients on Indirect Tax matters in order to research and prepare advice for our clients and support them in their dealings with the taxing authorities. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Working directly with our Indirect Tax senior staff to assist clients of all sizes from small private companies to large public companies.
- Researching and preparing technical positions for complicated indirect tax matters.
- Drafting written communications to clients, including memoranda, opinion letters and reports.
- Drafting submissions to the taxing authorities in the context of indirect tax audits and administrative appeals.
- Executing compliance review engagements concerning indirect taxes.
- Assist clients with various sales tax compliance matters including the completion of sales tax registrations, related elections and the completion and filing of complex sales tax returns with tax authorities.
Keys to your success:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly self-motivated individual with a strong desire to specialize in Indirect Tax.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Professionalism in the execution of tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- High level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and meaningfully contribute towards attaining team goals.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.