AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Monetization team is seeking a seasoned operations specialist who is a process improvement champion proactively own operational excellence in the private pricing space. This will include improving multiple existing defined processes as well as designing new streamlined processes, removing manual steps by driving automation; expanding the scope of existing processes; ensuring data integrity within our systems; and communicating frequently with multiple teams and stakeholders. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, a strategic long term thinker, have the ability to drive multiple process improvements simultaneously, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment.
AWS is a fast growing global business requiring continuous process streamlining and scalability leading to actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. Private pricing contracts help deliver business value by ensuring all custom terms in our custom agreements are implemented and enforced appropriately. This is a wonderful opportunity to help build the future of AWS pricing processes to better service our customers while ensuring all private pricing customers receive the benefit of their contracts.
Key job responsibilities
1. Lead cross-functional teams to design, develop, execute and implement revenue-generating and cost-saving projects and programs impacting business and customer experience involving Sales, Strategic Customer Engagement, Product Teams and Custom Pricing by applying Lean/Six Sigma best practices to increase efficiency within processes.
2. Utilize standard analytical tools to analyze business metrics for optimization and synthesize actionable recommendations to meet business objectives.
3. Develop and execute business strategies and decisions based on detailed data cost/benefit analysis of related financial and business data by utilizing advanced Excel.
4. Develop and maintain a roadmap for the custom pricing landscape that defines, prioritizes, schedules, and implements process improvements needed to meet billing and accounting requirements.
5. Drive process improvement across global AWS pricing and billing programs and processes and collaboration and alignment with teams across various disciplines including Operations, Sales, Services, Products, and Development. 6. Support project and programs from planning and completion by defining functional and technical requirements, specifications and solutions; coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and enhance and deploy new or existing features.
7. Drive creation of quality and process change initiatives, and Lean initiatives and methodologies to meet and exceed business plans.
8. Execute large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
9. Recognize and resolve issues and provide hands-on project guidance to ensure completion of assigned projects.
10. Coach and manage work for a team of product and program managers.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Program Operations or a similar role in a corporate environment supporting a global tech organization
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and/or analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Hands-on experience with driving improvements for technical infrastructure and SDLC
- PMP or Project Management Certification
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Kaizen certification
- Master's in Business Administration
- Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Financial, analytical and communication skills. Professional skills in reporting and communications.
- Experience defining, refining and implementing processes, procedures and policies. Relevant work experience in business operations role for a large organization. Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, and SQL skills
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
- Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive