Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses worldwide! The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service(SQS) and Simple Notification Service (SNS) among other core messaging services that provide AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant cloud applications. It's a core architectural component for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies and making developing applications easy and reliable, then the AWS Messaging team is for you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help refine roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture and excellent code, and to drive operation excellence of a massive scale (think multi-million TPS) system.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 4 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stage / 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 3 ans d'expérience en programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation logiciel / 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience en tant que mentor, responsable technique OU dirigeant d'une équipe d'ingénieurs / Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale fault-tolerant systems(but don't worry, we'll train you if you meet the basic qualifications)
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews
- Experience developing for Unix environments
- Excellent communication skillsAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming