STO13R - Fire Crew Leader Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R13 - Res Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,770.29 - 55,150.43 annually $26.7051 - $30.1987 hourly Close Date
12/6/2021 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service Job Summary Fire Crew Leader Scientific Technical Officer - RES 13
Each of the six BC Wildfire Service Fire Centre Headquarters will be running a competition to fill any Crew Leader vacancies within their region.
You must apply to each Fire Centre you are interested in. Applying to one location does not indicate an application to any other centre.
A candidate pool may be established for future similar opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing, managing and suppressing unwanted wildfire on the landscape. Approximately 1600 field workers - comprising technical experts, strategic thinkers and fire operations staff - are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems
This position is responsible for the operational safety and leadership of initial attack and sustained action crew activities, and the work performance of all assigned members in accordance with the branch standards. Apply to the location(s) you are interested in via the following links:
- Cariboo - Requisition 81972
- 100 Mile House, Alexis Creek, Quesnel, Williams Lake
- Coastal - Requisition 81969
- Campbell River, Cobble Hill, Cultus Lake, Errington, Hope, Pemberton, Port Alberni, Powell River, Sechelt, Squamish
- Kamloops - Requisition 81964
- Clearwater, Lillooet, Lytton, Merritt,Penticton, Salmon Arm (Rappel), Vernon
- Northwest - Requisition 81959
- Burns Lake, Hazelton, Houston, Telkwa, Terrace
- Prince George - Requisition 81962
- Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Fort St. John, Mackenzie, Prince George, Valemount, Vanderhoof
- Southeast - Requisition 81961
- Cranbrook, Grand Forks, Invermere, Kootenay Lake, Revelstoke, Shoreacres
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical