Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization. EY Technology
supports our technology needs through three business units: Client Technology (CT) -
focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly. Enterprise Technology (ET) -
ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience. Information Security (Info Sec) -
Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems. The opportunity
The Strategic Program - Project Manager is accountable for delivering strategic initiatives as defined within Enterprise Technology and/or EY Technology organizations. Such strategic projects are aligned to the core goals and objectives of the organization, are frequently cross business unit, cross-functional and multi-year initiatives.
Who are we looking for: Strategic thinkers, innovators, doers, creators, builders, innovators, leaders of high performing teams.
The role requires mastery of the knowledge and skills in the field of large program and project management. Proficiency in related processes such as methods and tools, quality assurance, business / technology process development, ITIL service management and strategic planning may also be required. The role requires excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage project managers and team activities in a highly matrixed, global organization.
The role is instrumental in partnering with EY Technology cross-business unit, cross functional, and service line leaders in order to define, execute and deliver strategic initiatives. This individual is also responsible for framing scope and approach, managing and leading a program team, communicating the higher-level goals, scope and timelines to the team, motivating team members and regular reporting progress, risk and recommendations and managing change and expectations to governance and leadership stakeholder teams.
Your key responsibilities
• Successful scope, change, risk and delivery management execution by the team/sub-teams of a strategic program(s) to an agreed schedule, budget and scope • Ensuring the team(s) are performing all the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Ensuring the projects and activities are executed in the most efficient and agile way based on accepted EY Technology methodologies, tools and processes • Planning and managing program stakeholders, scope, activities, conflict resolution, and approach in and across a highly matrixed global organization through direct interaction and communication, regular status reports and personally managing escalations, when necessary. • Monitoring and controlling work input and scope to ensure that all projects remain on track and in control. Constraint management and executing risk management processes to ensure all the risk are properly handled identified and managed • Leading, managing regular quality assessment reviews with all aspects of project management to keep a high level of delivery quality and value realization. • Ensuring the team is working within the defined governance processes at all levels of the technology organization • Managing external contracts and suppliers where required • Leading development of the all the project artifacts including the project charter and projects management plan, project change requests, risk and issues log, lessons learnt, etc., and ensuring delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope • All aspects of the people management including the performance evaluation, dealing with escalations and personal issues, developing and motivating the team members, creating and maintaining a productive working atmosphere for a team • Ensuring adherence of the program teams to EY core values and D&I focus across ET.
Skills and attributes for success
• Monitoring and managing program scope, budget and schedule, and ensuring activities execute as planned; applying the methodological approach methods and variations • Proactively managing global leader stakeholder in a matrixed organization; developing a trust advisor and teaming approach • Proactively identifying and managing risks and the issues and leading a team to develop the risk management and the issues management plans • Anticipating the problems before they occur; defining the problems or risks; identifying the possible causes; working with the team to identify solutions; selecting and implementing the most appropriate solutions • Developing and managing the plans to address the team's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats • Ability to balance both the "science" of how to perform project management and the "art" of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application • Analytical skills and problem-solving skills are needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously. Developing and leveraging business analytics to proactively manage and meet sponsor and customer needs To qualify for the role you must have
• Experience in managing IT projects for large, complex projects north of $250,000 in cost and 6 to 18 months in duration • Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management) • Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises • Management skills to manage more than one large program and complex projects simultaneously • IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement. • Knowledge and use of industry-standard management methods, tools and techniques, budget templates, communication plans, status update reports, etc. • Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams • Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including difficult negotiation) • Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing • Instrumental in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management (e.g. MS Project Server) • Demonstrating the level of maturity to manage and lead by example and communicate effectively with business executives (usually Director and Partner grades) • Having the necessary level of soft skills (including the communication and presentation skills) and the emotional intelligence to be able to lead a multicultural and multinational distributed team distributed across various geographies and the time zones • Experience with use and deployment of tools, concepts and processes to support finance service management, IT service management, operations and support capabilities: finance TCO tools (e.g. Apptio), service, product, operations and support management (e.g. Service Now suite of products/modules). • Experience in delivery that includes the use of external supplier and off-shore resources (desirable)
Ideally, you'll also have
• Self-driven and motivated • A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline • 10+ years in a corporate IT environment • 5+ years' experience in program / project management • 3-5+ years' in a managerial role • Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure) • Work experience in a professional services industry (preferred) • Certifications preferred but not required (Pumps, PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2, PMI-ACPe, SAFe ) • Familiarity with ITIL would be advantageous What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around • Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build your legacy with us. Apply now. EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics