The Ordering team is at the heart of the Amazon e-Commerce platform, running the largest e-Commerce engine in the world. Our systems orchestrate the creation and processing of orders across hundreds of systems at Amazon to deliver a world-class customer experience. We are responsible for managing the end-to-end lifecycle of every order created on Amazon websites and mobile apps the world over. Our work directly impacts millions of customers across the world every single day!
As a Support Engineer in Ordering, you will get opportunity to work on complex technical issues and multiple business domains across Amazon's e-commerce stack. You will lead operations of large-scale, highly available software systems and services that process large number of requests per second. You will be the operational lead for the team. You will be responsible for troubleshooting production issues, monitoring services, and building tools. You will work closely with development teams to coordinate software fixes and deployments, and will directly influence the teams OpEx roadmap. You will be the owner for the team's operational health.
Some key job functions for Support Engineer will be:
• Own support activities, such as trouble tickets handling, code deployment, fleets scaling and high velocity events planning
• Understand the business logic and architecture of services/systems to regularly resolve undocumented trouble tickets
• Create and maintain documentation, such as SOPs and runbooks, to be used by on-call teams
• Work with SDEs to root-cause and fix recurrent issues
• Read and understand JAVA and C++ application code and make minor code fixes to resolve support issues as necessary
• Create and interpret metrics that measure support success, services performance and health
• Use existing or build new tools and dashboards to report, track and reduce the operational efforts
• You will work with your manager to define and track the milestones for the Operational Wellness projects. You will own publishing the operational health metrics to Sr. leadership
• You will act as an operational point of contact for all the services owned by the team, and represent team in organization level operational meetingsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related field and five years of relevant experience as Support Engineer or a related occupationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Two or more years of experience developing or supporting Java/C++ based systems and services;
• Two or more years of experience with scripting languages
• Demonstrated experience working with large-scale service-oriented systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration (Linux), network administration (DNS, Load Balancing)
• Strong customer focus, ownership, and bias for action. You need to get things done!
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
• Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics