Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. With Amazon Connect you can leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
Industry analysts have said, "Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers." and "Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other market-spaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community."
We are seeking Systems Development Engineers to join our Seattle team to innovate on the telecom infrastructure that is fundamental to modern contact centers in the cloud. Amazon Connect supports thousands of concurrent customer calls and tens of thousands of agents using an internally developed SIP based Call Center Platform. Our technology is compelling, as it solves a common problem in a novel way - and it is unique in the industry. We are looking for engineers to help us expand our infrastructure to new global regions, support existing implementations, and innovate telecom network operations through tooling and processes to improve customer productivity.
The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation telecom infrastructure, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
• Have strong Linux & Networking Fu. The ideal candidate will have deep experience working with Linux, preferably in a large scale, distributed environment. You understand networking technology and how servers and networks inter-relate. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting and conduct technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
• Troubleshooting Expert. You look for difficult challenges and revel in the satisfaction of solving complex issues. High pressure situations focuses your attention instead of destroying your concentration.
• Love to code. Whether its building tools in Java or solving complex system problems in Python, the ideal candidate will love using technology to solve problems with simple solutions. You have a solid understanding of software development methodology and know how to use the right tool for the right job.
• Customer Obsessed. The ideal candidate enjoys working with customers to help them get the best experience using Amazon Connect.
• Think Big. The ideal candidate will build and deploy solutions across thousands of devices. You will strive to improve and streamline processes to allow for work on a massive scale.
What is in it for you?
• Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
• Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new business for AWS, and we are moving fast, really fast.
• Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
• Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale fault tolerant systems - this is an opportunity of a life time.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, and specifically at Amazon Connect, we are changing the way customers think about contact centers.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with telecom systems and protocols (SIP, RTP, PSTN)
• Experience building and operating large scale distributed systems
• Experience building systems on AWS or other cloud platforms
• Operational experience in a 24/7 production environment
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch and maintain services
• Passion for providing a great customer experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance