The mission for Honeycode is to enable millions of users to build mobile and web applications easily and efficiently without needing programming skills, to empower team collaboration and innovation. Low Code/No Code is still at its early stage and at AWS we are uniquely positioned to redefine what it means and make it mainstream with our hyper focus on customers. With the V1 product just launched in June 2020, we are at Day One of the new journey for the years to come to innovate and disrupt with new ideas and challenge status quo, to transform industries and change how people work, at a very large scale. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
As a Systems Development Engineer on the team, you will be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about technology, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the relentless growth of Amazon.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has high career growth potential. There are ample opportunities, and we want you to make use of it! The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, we want to talk to you about joining us on this incredible team!
Key job responsibilities
Design, develop, build, deploy and maintain full stack services that run community and marketing sites. These will be leveraged by multiple products in the low code/no code domain so the systems should be designed to scale and handle load.
Develop, maintain, and support tools and automation based around operational processes used to help support these products.
Develop and build systems for logging and analytics that serve critical business data and help with debuggability of multiple productions services
Design and develop tools and mechanisms to help root cause and troubleshoot system failures at scale
Design and develop systems and solutions, identify gaps and mitigate them in making system highly available, performant, fault tolerant, stable, instrumentable and maintainable.
Scaling up/down the infrastructure which leverages a myriad of complex/connected services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
* 1+ years experience in supporting large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services;
* 1+ experience programming in either of the following: Python, Java
* 1+ years troubleshooting systemic problems in a Linux/Unix environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience scripting in modern program languages.
* Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems.
* Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
* Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience.
* Strong understanding of operational processes and systems - SLAs, handling tickets, monitoring, automation processes and metrics.
* Ability to solve problems under pressure, and quickly learn technical concepts with a strong sense of urgency and prioritization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming