You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity
As a senior team member in our Enterprise practice, you will work closely with KPMG Partners to bring business advisory services to private companies and high net worth individuals. This role will focus on understanding the client's values and objectives in order to design tax planning initiatives to meet the client's requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent project management skills and be innovative in designing solutions to help our clients meet their financial and lifestyle goals. What you will do
- Work closely with the Partners and other client service team members in designing ownership and governance structures for private company clients.
- Build and develop estate plans, incorporating tax and financial knowledge as well as an understanding of the client's objectives.
- Leverage knowledge of tax legislation to design strategies for transition and succession.
- Provide ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Experience with estate planning, financial planning, business transition, and taxation strategies.
- A professional and responsive approach in order to be a trusted business advisor to entrepreneurs and senior level management.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and ability to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
- CPA, LLB or similar professional designation is an asset.
- Completed, or a willingness to complete the CPA In-Depth tax course.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. We value a collaborative approach and a commitment to driving positive outcomes for our clients.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-MJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.