You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.Overview of the opportunity:
The Tax practice in our Saskatoon office is looking for aManager or Senior Managerto join the Enterprise Tax group. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
KPMG Enterprise professionals are dedicated solely to helping business owners and entrepreneurs of privately-held businesses to grow and build thriving enterprises. We serve as trusted business advisersand the right business adviser can make a big difference by contributing valuable perspectives, ideas and options to help business owners capitalize on opportunities.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.What you will do:
- Leading small and medium sized client engagements.
- Working closely with other members of our team as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Advising on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.What you bring to the role:
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Encourages others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace.
- Provides others with opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Implements processes and procedures to avoid problems from repeating themselves, while keeping in mind practicalities and costs.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead medium sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Minimum 5 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completion of the In depth Tax Course.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.