You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity
The Tax practice in our Saskatoon office is looking for a Tax Manager or Senior Manager to join the Enterprise Tax group. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
KPMG Enterprise professionals are dedicated solely to helping business owners and entrepreneurs of privately-held businesses to grow and build thriving enterprises. We serve as trusted business advisers and the right business adviser can make a big difference by contributing valuable perspectives, ideas and options to help business owners capitalize on opportunities.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development. What you will do
- Leading small and medium sized client engagements.
- Working closely with other members of our team as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Advising on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Encourages others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace.
- Provides others with opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Implements processes and procedures to avoid problems from repeating themselves, while keeping in mind practicalities and costs.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead medium sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Minimum 5 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completion of the In depth Tax Course.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-MJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.