Location: Regina & Pilot Butte, SK
Position: Full-time Permanent
Posting Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The teacher provides individualized education programs to the students within their classroom. The teacher assists the students in meeting their educational goals. The teacher provides supervision, academic support, care, and role-modelling to students in a classroom environment. The teacher provides leadership and guidance to the educational team. The teacher sets the direction for the classroom and creates a climate of learning conducive for personal development that benefits both students and staff.
Qualifications Education and Professional Certification
- Bachelor of Education and a valid Professional 'A' Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate.
- Inclusive Education qualifications.
Skills and Characteristics
- Up to one (1) year of experience teaching.
- Experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach, mentor, and support others.
- Innovative programming skills with the ability to design and facilitate specialized education plans.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals and meet individual and program objectives.
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong relationships and professional working alliances with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication with effective presentation skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Skills in preparing and administering budget and allocating resources.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Proficient computer skills.
Management of Resources
- Develop and implement individualized education plans and programming.
- Collaborate with team members in program development for the class and students.
- Plan and organize with regard for the differential needs of the students.
- Monitor and guide student's behaviour and educational progress.
- Assist the students in achieving their educational goals.
- Supervise and engage with students in a safe and structured environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report regularly, to the parents and/or guardians of the students, with respect to the students progress and any issues or concerns that may be of interest.
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations in a calm and patient manner. Identify potential triggers, recognize escalating behaviours, and de-escalate the situation safely and effectively.
- Participate in staff and general meetings, educational conferences, conferences or meetings with other professionals or stakeholders, development workshops and conferences, and training programs, as required.
- Administer medications to students when required.
- Document all incidents and updates such as; critical incidents, educational progress, attendance, medication administration, and any other classroom or student updates. Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the educational team.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to new employees, potential employees, practicum students, and volunteers.
- Lead the educational team, in collaboration with the clinical and residential teams, to develop and deliver individualized education plans for the students.
- Access resources required to achieve educational objectives appropriately and efficiently.
- Responsible for the oversight and appropriate use of all agency resources assigned to the program.
- Project, manage, and reconcile the monthly classroom budget, and if applicable with specific responsibilities for the monthly working fund projections.
- Oversee assigned assets and resources required for the delivery of the education program.
- Ensure care and maintenance of the assets including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment. Submit the required vehicle maintenance logs.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
All teachers must meet the minimum Inclusive Education requirements set forth by the Ministry of Education. The requirement is to complete a minimum of the following Inclusive Education classes; Speech and Language, Individual Assessment, Individual Programming, and three Inclusive Education electives. Teachers are encouraged to complete these classes as soon as possible; however, they must have them completed within five (5) years of employment at Ranch Ehrlo Society.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
In accordance with the agency's Recruitment, Selection and Hiring policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
Salary for this position is based on STF grid. Any questions please contact Hayley Maurer at 306-781-1838 or email@example.com