If the idea of accelerating a historic shift in technology excites you, join us in the AWS Migration Acceleration Services (MAS) organization. Millions of customers - including the fastest-growing start-ups, largest enterprises and leading government agencies - are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile and innovate faster. Migration Acceleration Services tools and programs deliver accurate data-driven recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute & storage, perform application dependency mapping, migration wave planning, and more.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join us and guide a new team building tooling and applications that help our customers accelerate their journey to AWS. In this role, you will be a member of the MAS Client Delivery team tasked with helping guide customers in the early stages of large scale migrations to the cloud. This is a new team which will afford you the opportunity to get things setup the way you want from the start and grow with the team over time. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining tools and applications that allow our customers to request and manage many different migration assessment types, aggregating data sets and building a BI system to provide decision support to our leaders, and automating manual workflows to improve productivity of the Client Delivery team. If you love diverse challenges, know how to deliver, and thrive in an exciting, high-visibility environment, we want to talk with you.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Drive our tooling and application strategy
• Lead requirements gathering and own the backlog
• Break down goals into attainable, measurable work streams
• Recommend and manage schedules and priorities
• Create programs, campaigns, and operational initiatives
• Act as the primary point of contact for in-flight programs
• Build relationships and steer your engineering team towards delivery
• Communicate with data backed status reports and dashboards
• Create targeted measurements of program progress and effectiveness
• Develop a strong understanding of our platform
A day in the life
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Technical experience in AWS or related Cloud service offerings
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Proficient knowledge of Product/Program Management principles and processes
• Experience with software platforms, platform-based apps, web services, APIs and UX
• Able to collect, analyze and present data to support project goals and initiatives
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
Understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery, including Agile methodologiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and proven leadership skills
• Technical program management experience in managed IT services, Cloud services industry preferred
• CSM, PMP or related certification with strong skills in technical /non-technical documentation writing
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control management and release models
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive