Technical SpecialistMeadow Lake, Saskatchewan
Are you an IT champion who enjoys working in a busy operation?
Reporting to the Lead, Infrastructure Operations, the Technical Specialist will be the champion of IT within the business unit and champion the business unit within the IT team by building strong partnerships with plant staff, stakeholders, and management. This position will fulfill operational support, proactive maintenance, project delivery, and architectural ownership of the workstations, servers, storage, and network devices at the site. This position will also lead and support company-wide initiatives while cross training in other business units.What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a related field with a background in use of proven technology
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows, Virtualization and networking.
- Extensive infrastructure support experience with mission critical networks and servers.
- Certifications in or demonstrable experience of Microsoft technologies; Windows Server & Desktop, Active Directory, Azure, Virtualization, Remote Desktop Services, Scripting, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, mobile phones, tablets and network devices.
- Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk and other SCADA/ICS systems will be an asset.
- Familiarity with ITIL and Project Management.
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.