Commercial Transport / Heavy Duty On-Road Fleet Mechanic
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Red Seal Commercial Transport or Heavy-Duty On-Road Fleet Mechanic! First Student is proud to offer:
Journeyman Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Hourly wages based on experience and qualifications!
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Journeyman Technician Qualifications:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to First Student standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Apply today to join our team!
- Red Seal in Commercial Transport and or Heavy Duty On-Road.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
First Student is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Construction, Mining and Trades Maintenance and Technicians