SaskatoonA day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP:
- You will lead or assist the completion of field studies including bathymetric/topographic survey, flow measurements and water quality sampling.
- You will be responsible for recording, processing and analyzing field data.
- You will assist with preparation of technical reports and proposals.
- You will conduct statistical analysis of climate and hydrology data.
- You will be conducting hydrological and hydraulic modeling.
- You will conduct baseline hydrological study design, instrumentation and field data collection.
- You will conduct water balance and drainage basin analysis.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or Environmental Engineering.
- Eligible for registration as an engineer-in-training in Saskatchewan.
- Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract.
- Availability for field assignments with durations of 1 to 3 weeks is required. This position has a field-office split with approximately 30 to 50% time in the field, and 50 to 70% time in the office.
- Comfort and experience with remote fieldwork and work around water would be an asset. Training will be available.
- Experience with operating boats, snowmobiles, Argo UTVs, and/or ATVs is an asset.
- On-the-fly troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to technical excellence.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.