We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
You will work with an integrated and collaborative team of Hydrologists and Water Resources Engineers. Our projects involve hydrology assessments, water resources and river engineering, hydraulic structure design, and regulatory application support locally in Saskatchewan, in Alberta and the North for a wide variety of clients. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You'll be using your expertise to lead and complete water resources and river engineering tasks from assessments and studies to conceptual and detailed design;
- You'll be developing field data collection plans, managing projects, and writing technical reports;
- You'll be collaborating with our many counterparts in all our different disciplines at WSP and providing expertise and client deliverables on projects;
- You'll be managing relationships with internal and external clients and ensuring that their needs are understood and met, by providing your guidance and expertise; and,
- You'll provide direction and mentorship to more junior staff.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or Environmental Engineering;
- Eligible for registration as professional engineer in Saskatchewan;
- Minimum of 5 years experience with hydrology assessments and/or water resources engineering;
- Experience with detailed design, tendering, and construction supervision would be an asset;
- Commitment to technical excellence;
- Team player with strong communication skills;
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.