Title: Wealth Advisor - Saskatoon, SK
Requisition ID: 71581
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
The wealth advisor sources, initiates, and develops client relationships in line with our Country Rules by identifying and servicing their financial needs using the products and services offered through Scotia Wealth Management and Scotiabank partners. Successful WA's build their business over a period of years and derive much of their job satisfaction from long-lasting client relationships. .This is a fully commissioned sales role with no minimum guaranteed compensation.Key Accountabilities
- Gather Assets. Build an asset base of clients with greater than $1MM in investable assets. Effectively prospect to identify new relationships in line with Country Rules for dealing with non-residents of Canada. Activities include networking and developing relationships with Scotiabank partners and through own contacts where permissible. Success is highly dependent on in-person interactions, particularly where client resides outside of Canada. To a lesser extent, digital and print marketing are also used to build new relationships.
- Generate Revenue. Proactively manage client relationship and assets to generate an ongoing source of revenue to the firm, in compliance with regulatory requirements and in alignment to client needs and Scotia Wealth Management's strategic focus.
- Compliance. Develop financial strategies and solutions to service clients' goals and objectives that are in the best interest of the client, the firm, the Bank, and within regulatory requirements. Display a high level of integrity and professionalism in all dealings with internal and external clients.
- Business Planning. Plan for the profitable growth of your business to clients' through an annual planning process that clearly identifies goals and targets in line with firm and branch expectations
- Licensed as or eligible to become licensed as a Registered Representative with IIROC
- Post-Secondary education
- 5+ years of business and/or sales experience
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of investment / financial industry
- Ability to travel as dictated by business requirements
- Industry-related courses (WME)
- Professional designations (Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst)
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Accounting, Administrative Assistant, Financial Analyst, Finance, Administrative
Banking, Finance and Insurance