Woodlands Accounting Supervisor
Prairie Woodlands Division
Reporting to the WoodlandsController, the Prairie Woodlands Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of accounting personnel and the management of financial procedures and systems relating to all accounting functions of the woodlands department, including financial reports and analysis, budget and forecast preparation, and capital expenditure authorizationscoordination. This position ensures that proper financial controls are adhered to and is responsible for supporting current and future initiatives and planning.Qualifications:
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and time management skills;
- The ability to lead and work in a team environment;
- Ability to coach operations personnel on financial matters related to their area of responsibility
- Assist department heads and supervisors in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis and financial information and recommendations.
- Knowledge of the forest industry, particularly woodlands would be considered an asset;
- Previous supervisory and woodlands accounting experience would be considered definite assets.
- An accounting designation or advance level of studies working towards a designation is required for this position.
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
We are a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For nearly 60 years, our family-owned company is recognized by our customers and business partners for delivering reliability, flexibility, efficiency and quality. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work.
Build your career with us and apply today!
To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today via www.tolko.com.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you by January 4th, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019