Woodlands SupervisorMeadow Lake, SkPosition Overview:
Under the direct supervision of the Harvesting Superintendent, the Woodlands Supervisor provides professional, technical and administrative services in the areas of Operational Forest Development, Harvesting, and Road Construction. Duties of this position include operational planning, full-phase cutting permit development to meet regional Standing Timber Inventory objectives, implementing harvesting and road construction plans, and ensuring plan consistency and quality. This position will require an individual who is:
- Able to work in remote area with flexible work arrangements;
- Able to supervise activities consistent with legislative and mill volume requirements, and allow efficient access to wood supply;
- Adaptable to change and can manage multi projects and targets while providing active contractor supervision.
- Class 5 driver’s license in good standing;
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry or relevant experience;
- Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT or ability to register;
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of technical forest management including operational planning, logging systems, and silviculture systems;
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and computer skills, including ArcGIS, are required for this position;
- Possess a positive attitude and high degree of motivation;
- Proven ability to work with First Nations, external stakeholders, and government agencies;
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn are a necessity;
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
We are a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For nearly 60 years, our family-owned company is recognized by our customers and business partners for delivering reliability, flexibility, efficiency and quality. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work.For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!Build your career with us and apply today!
To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today at www.tolko.com
Applications will be accepted until May 14, 2021We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing