WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager
with experience in managing projects and people to support the growth of our Industrial & Resources group in Saskatoon. This position will be in support of small to medium size projects with high-performing multi-discipline teams. The Project Management will, develop project scopes of work, establish project budgets and then plan, schedule and execute the projects while maintaining and developing relationships with clients. Experience with Saskatchewan mining and industrial clients is required. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Manages/oversees all aspects of the project, including cost and schedule performance by project team in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and Project Procedures
- Implements Project Procedures in the execution of the project
- Ensures that all deliverables, including drawings, reports, and plans meet contract quality and schedule requirements
- Monitors the progress and earned value results from all disciplines and makes informed decisions on the basis of commercial and technical input
- Plans and issues all project drawings, specifications, bid summaries, purchase requisitions, and has an understanding of the cost reports to confirm the documents have been prepared in accordance with the project's contractual and procedural requirements
- Keeps management informed of new or emerging risk issues (technical, schedule, quality)
- Delivers engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practices
- Monitors project and identifies changes in the scope of work. Notifies client of changes in scope of work and submits project change requests before execution of the work
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients, suppliers, third party stakeholders and the project team
- Actively participates in innovation, continuous improvement and optioneering initiatives
- Helps drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
- Ensures that all lessons learned from previous projects and from respective phases of the projects under their control are captured and reported upon.
- Leads and or supports Business Development efforts in proposal preparation, developing of client relationships and identification of new business opportunities.
- Attends regular site visits to client facilities
- Other duties as assigned/required
Qualifications for Internal Candidates What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Engineering degree, P.Eng. designation
- 6-10 years of experience in a consulting environment focused on Mining and/or Industrial clients.
- Experience managing capital projects between $100,000 and $20M
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities with an expanding office.
- Ability to easily interact with clients in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must be able to travel to client sites around North America
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive