Service Desk Technician (12 month term)
Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan
If you are passionate about technology, enjoy troubleshooting and working in a team, we would love to discuss and new opportunity with you.
Reporting to the Lead, Service Desk, the Service Desk Technician is primarily responsible for Service Request management for the business and manufacturing facilities.
The Service Desk Technician provides Tier 1 support for Tolko standard applications and End User Computing standards. Responsibilities include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain Service Level Agreements.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience in a customer service focused IT role
- Experience with service desk ticketing systems
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, mobile devices and network devices
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 and related applications (Office, Teams, OneDrive)
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL is considered an asset
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca
or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.